1. Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the financial and accounting activities of the company;
2. Formulates the financial strategy of the company and implement it after being approved by management;
3. Improves systems policies and procedures for the operation of the finance, accounting, cost accounting, and budgeting functions of the company
4. Implements approved systems, policies and procedures for financial, cost accounting and budgetary operations of the company;
5. Establishes standards, specifications, targets, norms and practices to his subordinates;
6. Ensures the proper consolidation preparation of periodic budgets prepared by departments/units of the company.
7.Installs appropriate internal control system for financial and other activities of the company;
8.Ensures that proper books of accounts are maintained for recording the financial transactions of the company;
9.Consults the management of the company on all financial matters.
10.Investigates for alternative sources of credit, investment and funds for the company’s operations; advises the management on the optimum application of available funds;
11.Ensures that payments are effected as per approved policies and procedures and legal requirements; ensures the timely collection of receivables arising from service sales and other transactions of the company
12.Prepares and analyze price quotations of projects before submission of tenders and /or acceptance of orders;
13.Monitor performance of projects / work orders in relation of cost and give timely feedback to concerned managers and supervisors;
14.Collects and analyze failure costs (the costs of scraps rejects and reworks) and informs the concerned managers and supervisors for improvement actions;
15.Monitors the implementation of approved budgets
16.Avails material, human and other resources required for the operation of the department and the divisions under it;
17.Ensures assets and properties of the company are registered and regularly updated;
18.Ensures that financial documents and records of the company are maintained in strict confidentiality.
19.Ensures that periodic financial statements are timely produced for review and decision making by management
20.Periodically analyze the financial performance of the company; prepares periodic reports; and recommends measures to improve the financial performance of the company.
21.Ensures findings and opinions of external auditors are timely acted upon;
22.Supervises, monitor evaluate the activities and performance of the employees of the department,
23.Identifies gaps between the expected and the actual outputs of department staff and ensures training or other actions arranged to assuage the gap; and prove actions taken are effective;
24.Devises mechanisms and methods to develop, empower and motivate the human resources of the department to foster innovation, belonging and teamwork
25.Prepares periodic reports on the operation of the department.
26.Performs related functions as required.
1. BA degree in Accounting and Finance from a recognized University/College.
2. 5 and plus years experience in this field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who fulfill the minimum required specifications can send their application letter, CV and other credential documents online through the following email addresses:
or in person in the following address:
Kera in front of Begtera, Worke’s Promise Building, 3rd floor.
Tel no. 0113724347
When you apply online please specify for the position you are applying on the SUBJECT
|Job Category||Accounting And Finance Jobs|