|Position Title:||Selter NFI Clerk- Emergency x 12|
|Position Grade:||General Service Staff, G3|
|Duty Station:||Yirgachefe, Dilla, Bulehora and Karcha-Galana, Ethiopia|
|Type of appointment:||SST, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date:||September 02, 2018|
Context and Scope of the Position
Under the general supervision of the EPC Shelter/NFI Programme Manager and the direct supervision of the Shelter Field Team Leader, the successful candidate shall be responsible to carry out general duties related to the organization’s Emergency Shelter and Non-Food Item (NFI) activities. In particular s/he will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support Shelter/NFI project implementation through field deployment to directly undertake distributions, hygiene awareness raising and construction works.
2. Support logistical needs of the Shelter/NFI program staff, including communication, transportation and distribution.
3. Support in monitoring laborers at field sites and track material receipt, storage and delivery at sites.
4. Assist in coordinating all visibility material required by the donors and IOM are procured and sent to the field. Also liaise with field staff to make sure these material are being used properly.
5. Undertake duty travels related to project implementation.
6. Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. Degree in Civil/Construction Engineering, Architecture or other relevant field with a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian situations in Ethiopia,
- Working experience in shelter constructions, development and planning in humanitarian projects or comparable field,
- Strong writing and reporting skills,
- Familiarity with the International Organization, UN agency or diplomatic mission an asset,
· Good computer knowledge in MS office packages.
· Proven experience in record keeping, reporting and project implementation,
· Ability to coordinate project activities with input from colleagues and external partners for the achievement of results,
· Ability to prepare clear and concise reports,
· Ability to develop project strategies and activities based on identified needs,
· Ability to build relations with local government authorities, civil society, beneficiaries and other stakeholders,
· Ability to work independently according to established structures and guidelines, including administrative requirements, and maintain coordination with colleagues and supervisor,
· Personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency and flexibility and
· Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Thorough knowledge of Oromigna and Gedio language is required
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by September 02, 2018 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
|Job Category||Development and Project Management Jobs, Logistics, Traport and Supply Chain Jobs, Social Science and Community Jobs|