Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland
Internal/External vacancy announcement
Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organization that intervenes in emergencies and crises to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF Holland is looking for Radio Operator
|– Number of Positions: 2
– Place of work: Gedio and West Guji
– Terms of employment: Two(2) Months with possibility of extension
Remuneration and Benefits:
– Starting gross salary: 7,256.00 ETB
– Hardship allowance:- 1,814.00 ETB
– Medical Coverage: 100%
– Date of application: August 29,2018- September 2,2018
|Operating the VHF and HF radios, in accordance with the MSF security protocols and rules, in order to ensure quality and confidential radio communications for the operational needs of the mission/projects.|
|• Operating the HF and VHF radios, avoiding using any sensitive or security related information and following the MSF security rules. Ensures radio frequencies’ (HF and VHF) quality and transmission capacity. Installs and programs frequencies in all type of radios when necessary
• Ensuring that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned and records the messages on the radio log book. Responding to radio contacts from other approved organizations and forwarding it on the information via this channel.
• Making radio contacts with reference bases (capital and/or field) according to communication rules / schedules and forwards all information concerning the security of the teams to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
• Monitoring and registering any movement, of people, vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and cargo, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informs line manager of any delays.
• Supervising and monitoring the VHF radio allocation book (handsets) and registering the loan of handsets to all staff, following it up on a regular basis.
• Installing, operating and performing preventive maintenance checks on assigned equipment, checking that the equipment is working properly and immediately informing the line manager of any damage/loss/theft. Maintaining the equipment, communications room and premises in clean and tidy conditions. Maintaining and supervising HF VHF batteries status in good maintenance conditions.
• Providing basic radio training when necessary to MSF staff
|MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities|
· Tracks vehicle movements through GPS tracking system or through regular phone calls to Drivers from base and reports to line manager for any abnormality
· Assigns cars and drivers for movement requests, every movement must be recorded with appropriate departure time , arrival time, destination, number of passengers, and names of passengers.
· Updates movement follow up board and ensures requests are made ahead of time/ as per prior schedule
· Registering all vehicle movements on white board with all necessary information, the board must clearly show all movements for the day.
· Receiving movement requests from LTL/PC prior to the movement day; Operator has to make sure that all movement requests for the next day are registered on the white board (movement board) before the end of working hour (around 5:15PM). Requestors must be able to clearly see the board and make sure that their movement is booked for the next day.
Communication and use of radios
· Operate the HF and VHF radios, avoiding using any sensitive or security related information and following the MSF security rules.
· Ensure that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned.
· Record the messages on the radio/phone log book.
· Respond radio/phone contacts from other approved organisations and forward on the information via this channel.
· Make radio/phone contacts with reference bases (capital and/or field) according to communication rules / schedules (only professional message, English only, no sensitive information …).
· Forward all information concerning the security of the teams to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
· Monitor and register any movement, of people, vehicles, and cargo, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and inform line manager of delays or problem occurring in the movements.
· Ensure radio frequencies (HF and VHF) quality and transmission capacity. Install and program frequencies in all type of radios when necessary.
· Updating and follow up of communication equipment inventory
· Make sure all radio/phone equipment are in working condition and report to the techlog for damages and missing communication equipments.
Maintenance and equipment
· Check that the equipment is working properly and immediately inform the line manager of any damage/loss/theft.
· Supervise, register and monitor the VHF radio allocation book (handsets) phone on the project mission
· Maintain in clean and tidy conditions the equipment, communications room and premises.
· Install, operate and perform preventive maintenance checks on assigned equipment.
· Maintain and Supervise HF & VHF batteries status in good maintenance conditions.
· Gedio Project has a good/fair reception for phone call therefore main contact must be done through a normal phone call to Drivers and Security responsible for each movement outside the Base.
· Provide basic radio training when necessary to MSF staff
Monitor and follow-up the personal call logbook and assure reimbursement and use according to the policy in place.
|Education||Literacy. Desirable secondary education|
|Experience||Desirable work experience as radio operator in related jobs|
|Languages||Essential, mission working language and local language(s)|
|Knowledge||Essential basic knowledge on mathematics, mechanical, electronic principles|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Stress Management L2
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable CV and application including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below on or before 2ndof September 2018:
MSF-Holland Ethiopia mission:
Submit your documents to;
-Gedeo/West Guji Emergency Response Project, Abenezer Hotel, Dilla.
-Yirga chefe MSF spain Office
-Awassa MSF spain Office
-Adakena Hotel- Bule Hora
_ On ethiojobs
_ Email: Ethiopiaemail@example.com
Make sure to write MSF Holland on your Application
Please Note that we only contact short-listed candidates.
|Job Category||Logistics, Traport and Supply Chain Jobs|