TRANSFORM:Primary Health Care (PHC) is a USAID funded project to improve healthcare outcomes to End Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths (EPCMD) in Ethiopia, which in turn supports Government of Ethiopia’s efforts within the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP). TRANSFORM:PHC will operate in the four most populous regions of Ethiopia (Amhara, Oromia, Tigray and Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region). This will be accomplished in part by: mitigating the drivers of child and maternal mortality in these regions through the facilitation and implementation of quality health service delivery; improved management and performance of health systems; and implementation of innovative and evidence-based social behavioral change and communication interventions. TRANSFORM:PHC will strengthen the capacity of the health system to effectively use management tools and implement best practices at all levels of the health system and health care delivery with a major focus at the primary care level that includes primary hospitals and PHCUs.
The Program officer is responsible for the implementation of program activities at health facilities and outreach sites in focus woredas. S/he will be based in the cluster field office and will be required to travel extensively within the cluster. The filed officer works under the direct supervision of the cluster coordinator.
- Implement various program activities in the target zonal, woredas, HFs and communities in consultation with Cluster Coordinator and Program Officers based in regional office
- Technically support woreda health office and health facilities in implementing FP/RH, MNCH activities.
- Do the regular quarter based ISS and PRM in collaboration with each level of the public sector
- Work with the cluster coordinator in HMIS data collection analysis, interpretation and report writing
- Involved in the monthly based program activity planning implementation and monitoring
- Support the public sector (woreda) health office during the annual woredas based planning
- Technical support to the public system while conducting different campaigns and in any outbreak situations
- Delegate the CLO in the absence of cluster coordinator to attend different TWGs at zonal and woreda level.
- Organize and conduct trainings for clinical service providers and health managers, and follow up the implementation of the trainings
- Provide support on monitoring and evaluating the progress, document lessons learned and best practice
- Demonstrate strong commitment in proper management of organization’s finance as per the operation manual
- Assist in ensuring partnership and collaboration at all level
- Conduct participatory and competency based follow up visits to WorHo, PHCU and household
- Facilitate PHCU meeting at woreda/Health facility level) together with the Cluster Coordinator
- Assist in handling cluster’s resource effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate results in the intervention areas
- Degree in nursing, Public Health and/or elated fields.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably with a child health program.
- Work experience in community-based activities desirable. Computer literacy, especially in word, desirable.
- Fluent in the English language and in one of the local languages of the areas of assignment is required.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to work as a member of a multicultural team is essential.
- Must have integrity and pleasant personality.
- Must be able to travel to project activity woredas and kebeles frequently and must know the region of assignment well.
- Previous experience working in similar positions in USAID funded projects
How to Apply
Interested applicants fulfilling basic requirements for this position are invited to submit application letter along with CV online at www. ethiojobs.net. Please note that we only accept online applications and only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview and exam.
The closing date for receiving applications for this position is September 9, 2018
|Job Category||Development and Project Management Jobs, Health Care Jobs|