Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
Senior Level (5+ years experience)
As per JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc./L10K 2020 project salary scale
The Last Ten Kilometers (L10K 2020) Project of JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), with funds from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has been implementing community-based maternal, newborn, and child health strategies since 2008 to contribute to the achievement of Ethiopia’s Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH) related targets of the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP). With its re-scoped approach, L10K 2020 provides technical support to regional health bureaus and zonal health departments to enhance their capacity to improve quality of, increase demand for, access to and utilization of high impact RMNCH services in the four most populous regions of Ethiopia: Amhara, Tigray, Oromia, and Southern Nations, Nationalities (SNNP).
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The IT Specialist will provide a support to ensure that staff within a central and field offices can use information technology and information systems, including email, networks, PC and other corporate applications. The post holder will provide support through, email, collaborative tools, and phone and on sites visits. This post will be accountable for all IT service provided in the central and field offices. The IT Specialist will reports to the Operations Director.
KEY DUTUES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Take charge of the service desk, receive and monitor calls from internal and regional customers.
· Customer Management in acting as the contact person within the central offices on all IT related issues.
· Support the email system and ensure its reliability in all L10K offices.
· Effective data management in the server including disaster recovery that ensures data is backed up and restoration tested regularly to ensure business continuity.
· To provide direct training and support on software and hardware systems.
§ To manage the upgrade and installation of appropriate office systems like Gmail, PC LANs, communications equipment, desktop software, email clients and JSI systems like Quick Books etc.
§ When required, provide direct hardware and software support in the JSI L10K’s Operational sites.
· Configuration of Hardware and setup according to the set global standards.
· Provide technical support and help desk services which includes Installing and customizing operating, and application software on the user’s desktop, Standardizing new equipment’s in accordance with standard, Troubleshoots software and hardware problems, keeps all users computers with up-to-date anti-virus systems etc.
· Organize and conduct formal Induction to all new staff, build user capacity on good IS practices and offer specific application training as required in liaison with external trainers.
· Provide first level support to hardware/software maintenance & upgrades.
· Server room & IT training room maintenance, structured cabling within the offices, AC, AVS, Routers and other server room maintenance.
§ Installs and test new hardware and software and creates user account on the network;
§ Assists Procurement in the placement of computers and supplies order and checks the specification of procured IT equipment;
§ Maintains and regularly update inventory of IT equipment.
§ Update Staff on Information Technology Development which includes recommends on implementation of new advancements in IT, assesses computer training needs to update users, prepares and provides training as required and develops new in-house programs as required and updates to meet advancements
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
§ B.Sc graduate with 6 years of experience in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related fields.
§ Demonstrable experience in supporting PC hardware, software, printers, and networks.
§ High level of competence in development and implementation of computerized systems.
§ Flexible and able to prioritise own workload, to work independently and meet deadlines.
§ The ability to train staff on PC operating systems and Microsoft applications.
§ Highly flexible in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex IS problems, within corporate standards.
§ Ability to work within a team, both locally and internationally.
§ Good interpersonal and communication skills.
§ Understanding of the complexities of working in a multicultural environment.
§ Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements should send and apply at WWW. Ethiojobs.net. This is an opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated professional and if you meet the required skill, competencies and experience, please submit only your application and CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post.
Please do not attach copies of your transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: March 08, 2018
|Job Category||Information Technology Jobs|
|Expire date||Mar 8, 2018|