Christian Aid (CA) was established in 1945 by the British and Irish churches. Currently, CA works in over 40 countries, with over 550 partners, worldwide. Christian Aid has worked in Ethiopia for more than 30 years, initially responding to emergencies, but gradually establishing a long-term development programme, to facilitate thriving, resilient and equitable communities.
Christian Aid in Ethiopia has four strategic focus areas. These are resilient Livelihoods, Climate Change, Market Development and Humanitarian Response and addressing cross cutting gender, inclusive development and promoting humanitarian accountability standard among local NGOs.
The Finance & administration Officer provides support to the Field Office on: financial management, reporting, and documentation of finance, HR and administrative issues and field office expenditure control.
He/she also ensures the compliance with CA staff policy, internal financial control policies and procedures, donor requirements, and regulatory requirements at the field office level.
Support the field office to have sound and prudent accounting and financial management, mange the human and material resources and provide capacity support to properly manage human band financial resources for sustainable use and management.
· Project budget properly controlled, timely and reasonable payments facilitated and made at the file office level;
· Cash requests that are based on the cash flow plan prepared and submitted to Country finance unit in timely manner;
· Regular financial reports produced and submitted to field office management/ PC, CO finance unit and other relevant stakeholders and all donor and Christian Aid requirements are met
· Periodic Budget Monitoring and revisions for Field office costs undertaken;
· Good working relationships maintained with Christian Aid Ethiopia Country team, the Field office project team, Country office Finance unit and HR and administration units;
· Regular review of financial and other relevant documents of field office are made for validity of the documents and proper filing of the same ensured;
· Field level non-finance staff are advised on technical financial issues.
· All compliances with relevant rules and procedures are ensured in connection with finance, Human resource, and administrative and regulatory issues at the field level;
· Accuracy and completeness of FO financial and administrative records are ensured;
· Monthly bank reconciliation is made in a timely manner to ensure the completeness of bank cash records;
· Asset register is updated on regular basis to ensure the accuracy of the register information.
External: Liaise with local Government sector offices to facilitate administrative matters, Suppliers, consultants, service providers, tax office
Internal: Maintain sound relationship with Programme and Administration teams of Field office level;Contact Finance, HR and administrative units of Country office.
Decision Making : Make decisions to assist in the smooth running of financial processing. Providing advice on financial policies and procedures to local Christian Aid staff. Support the maintenance of all financial records.
Analytical Skill: Ability to apply logical thinking and common sense to routine work in a specific area. Occasionally providing analysis or advice on financial matters.
Developing self & others: Will work under the instruction of others with responsibility only for how the work is completed.
Applied skills/Knowledge and Expertise
- BA in accounting, finance management, business management or other related disciplines.
- Verbal and written fluency in local language.
- Proven ability to address a small range of straightforward financial issues and a learning period of a year.
- Knowledge of working in the NGO sector.
· Knowledge of institutional donor requirements.
· Knowledge of community partners/development.
· Advanced use of Excel.
· Experience of dealing with institutional donor fund accounting.
· Experience of using computerised financial reporting tools.
IT competency required
LEVEL 1: You are expected to be able to:
· Work in a collaborative way that develops positive relationships and proactively provide help to others
· Proactively participate in team work and contribute ideas, including those that may be beyond your own or your team’s role.
· Keep others informed about what is going on in your own work area.
· Treat everyone with courteousness, dignity and respect, recognising that people are different and have different views.
· Act and behave consistently with what you say.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
· Pass on messages or information promptly and accurately, ensuring clarity and understanding.
· Proactively question to clarify when needed.
· Explain things simply and in a different way if someone appears not to have understood.
· Be sensitive to and take responsibility for how your actions and words impact on others and adapt if necessary.
· Be responsible for using resources economically, whether these are Christian Aid resources or
wider environmental resources.
· Recognise that time is a resource and take responsibility and proactive measures for managing your time effectively.
· Agree your work plan and priorities, keep track of your own progress and keep others informed.
· Check the quality of your own work and deliver to expectations.
· Seek clarification and support from your manager when needed, ensuring appropriate sign-off.
· Respond promptly to the requests of others, handling competing priorities and seeking guidance on these where appropriate.
· Consider the consequences of your actions, and take responsibility for the impact on your work, your colleagues and team objectives.
· Be accountable for your actions.
· Acknowledge gaps in your own knowledge and skills and seek out information and advice in order to learn.
· Regularly ask for and act on feedback on own performance.
· Assist others by showing how to complete tasks and sharing knowledge.
Strive for improvement
· Demonstrate openness and willingness to embrace change, be flexible and adapt to new methods of working.
· Respond quickly and positively to new initiatives.
· Find ways to make improvements in your work and ways of working.
· Show initiative when faced with problems and proactively seek solutions.
· Willingly share knowledge and information that may help others.
How to Apply
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, color, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements please apply online using the below link.
|Job Category||Accounting And Finance Jobs|