Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland
Internal/External vacancy announcement
Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organization that intervenes in emergencies and crises to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF Holland is looking for Base & Facility Officer
|– Number of Positions: 2
– Place of work: Gedio and West Guji
– Terms of employment: Two(2) Months with possibility of extension
Remuneration and Benefits:
– Starting gross salary: 11,696.00 ETB
– Hardship allowance:- 2,924.00 ETB
– Medical Coverage: 100%
– Date of application: August 29,2018- September 2,2018
|Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions|
|• Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
• Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
• Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
• Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
• Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
• Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
• Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
• Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
• Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
• Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
• Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
|MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities|
|· Able to follow all base activity
o Reception cargo
o Staff base
o Stock base
o Dispach work logistic staff base
o Follow the any work staff base ( cleaner, cook, supply water, electricity)
· Support the sheldule car mouvement
· Follow consuption of car
· Follow any other consuption
· Support the supply and purshasing process
· Update activity every day to the Hierarchi
· Able to find any specialist to repar any problem on the base ( electricity, plomber, etc..) and follow the quality of work before validation of payment.
· Support any need and request from lign manager
· Be supperb flexible with any activity in order to run the project
|Education||Essential Secondary Education|
|Experience||At least one year experience with MSF or other NGOs|
|Languages||Mission language essential and local language desirable|
|Knowledge||Computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Service Orientation L1
• Stress Management L2
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable CV and application including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below on or before 2ndof September 2018:
MSF-Holland Ethiopia mission:
-Online application via Ethiojobs.net
Or you can submit in person at;
-Addis Ababa, Hayahulet infront of leivi building,
-Gedeo/West Guji Emergency Response Project, Abenezer Hotel, Dilla.
-Yirga chefe MSF spain Office
-Awassa MSF spain Office
-Adakena Hotel- Bule Hora
Make sure to write MSF Holland on your Application
Please Note that we only contact short-listed candidates.
|Job Category||Logistics, Traport and Supply Chain Jobs|