|Position Title:||Admin and Finance Assistant II x 2 Positions|
|Position Grade:||General Service Staff, G5|
|Duty Station:||Dilla /Bule Hora, Ethiopia|
|Type of appointment:||SST, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date:||September 09, 2018|
Organizational Context and Scope
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context and Scope of the Position
Under the general supervision of the Resource Management Officer -Finance, and direct supervision of the Humanitarian Hub Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for handling procurement/logistics related activities for the Gedeo/Guji project. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the files of IOM General Instructions, General Bulletins, Accounting Code Book, as well as for Instructions or Memoranda issued locally;
- Prepare contracts for service providers like Interpreters. Establish and manages copies of personnel files;
- Responsible for insurance of IOM property – renewals – claims – adjustments, as well as for reporting annually on all insurance coverage of the Mission to IOM Addis Office;
- Establish payment and receipt Vouchers as required. Enters them in the Bank and Cash Books – Bank reconciliation;
- Check invoices and ascertains that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided;
- Prepare monthly / annual financial statements. Send financial documents on monthly or bi-monthly basis;
- Process operations / accounting returns on Personal Computer;
- Prepare travel authorizations and advises on allowances for staff members leaving on duty travel;
- Maintain attendance records and control Staff Annual Leaves;
- Monitor office/equipment maintenance, utilities and their invoicing. Monitors stock of office supplies and orders / requests replenishments when required;
- Responsible for the inventory of office equipment verifies and certifies coding of supplies, equipment, and office machines. Checks and prepares inventory reports; Ensures proper handling of assets in terms of reporting, marking and tracking.
- Responsible for developing and maintenance of proper filing system for all financial and administrative documents and correspondences;
- Verify telephone log books and monitor personal telephone calls;
- Verify mileage log and gasoline consumption for the office vehicles; Responsible for timely repair and maintenance of vehicles; Coordinate annual vehicle inspection and issues the yearly vehicle status report to Head Office;
- Responsible for coordination of drivers and assignment of vehicle for required operations;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and its mid-year review, as well as special budget updates as / when required and
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or alternatively an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in finance and accounting as well as administration.
- Experience in NGOs & International organizations is an asset;
- High level of computer literacy is required, in particular, experience in computerized accounting systems and software; good knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel and
- Ability to coordinate administrative activities
- Sound knowledge of financial and administrative management and effective resource management skills
- Knowledge of SAP is highly advantageous
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook) in particular experience in computerized accounting systems including SAP application
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by September 09, 2018 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
|Job Category||Accounting And Finance Jobs, Business and Adminstration Jobs, Dila|